Friday, March 1, 2013

Digitally Painting Eddie Murphey Caricature

 
Last year in 2012 I began painting with oils again. Even though I found it quite fun and relaxing, I had a hard time keeping my two year old from trying to dip my brushes into the paint and painting on my canvas. Therefore, I only got through two paintings which were the Lion, and the painting of my boys sleeping. Later that year, I decided to try painting digitally. I then created a list of people I would not mind painting. I chose to do a caricature of Eddie Murphy first. Why you may ask. No other reason than that my husband and I had just finished watching Beverly Hills Cop 1,2, and 3 on Netflix. I also found out his birthday is same day as mine. I thought that was pretty cool. This was my first attempt at drawing people digitally. I just wanted to share my process.

Here is a picture of my initial drawing with the photos I used below.

Afterwards, I began to add color and play with the width of his face. I decided to make the face narrower and I tilted it to the left. I added his body next.


Lastly, I added shadows and finalized the drawing.
www.letora.net/portraits
Thanks for reading :) !!

No comments:

Post a Comment